- Learn accounting using Quickbooks Enterprise – enter accounts payable, accounts receivables, patient refunds, process payments and bank deposits.
- Add to the your skills of creating and running Excel reports along with pivot tables by importing data from Centricity, our patient data system.
- Learn quality customer service - internally and externally with patients, vendors and those under the Oregon Eye Associates medical mall practice.
- Learn team oriented responsibilities & communication skills in a very professional medical environment by interacting with the front office, technicians and administrative teams developed on a daily basis.
- Job shadow different positions within The Eye Center and Oregon iLasik medical office and be exposed to a wide variety of roles or titles of Opthalmology of which lends to building a network of professionals in this industry.
- Observe actual iLasik procedures and Opthalmology surgical procedures in the Surgery center.
** Please note this is an unpaid position but we are willing to be flexible and will work with students requiring internship credit.
Basic accounting and use of Excel or QuickBooks enterprise a plus but not necessary.