We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans/disability status
Human Resources Assistant – Intern/Volunteer
Join a team of experienced and fun HR professionals as an HR Assistant Intern/Volunteer in a dynamic, fast-paced non-profit committed to building connections for a lifetime to improve the well-being of children for over 130 years. We are the only organization in Oregon committed to this lifelong connection.
Our HR team is interested in mentoring you in gaining experience in the Human Resources field. We are looking for an individual who is willing to commit 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of three months.
Please review the following job description for details.
This volunteer position will support the Human Resources Department in balancing the Agency’s Human Resources objectives with the everyday needs of the Department. The Human Resources volunteer will manage specific projects, conduct and present research, and assist with general office duties in the Human Resources Department as needed.
Please note: this is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. In addition, we are looking for volunteers who are not currently attending a college/university.
Duties, including but not limited to:
Employee Records Management
• Assist in maintaining physical employee personnel records, ensuring they are consistent and accurate.
• Assist in filing/archiving current and terminated employee files
• Assist in conducting audits of employee personnel files and paperwork to ensure all required fields are properly filled out
• Assist in preparing new hire packets and new hire personnel packets
Recruitment and Selection
• Assist in monitoring job posting requisition and applicant tracking processes as per the Applicant Process Checklist.
• Assist in maintaining confidential EEO data forms separate from application and maintaining completed application folders.
New Hire Orientation and Training
• Assist during New Hire Orientation in ensuring new employees complete necessary paperwork and obtain necessary and required employment information
• Assist in the follow up procedures for outstanding paperwork from new employees.
• Assist with a variety of HR-related project activities, such as:
o Conducting research
o Generating comprehensive information on resources and contacts
o Generating HR-related reports
• Assist in the maintenance of the HR Center:
• Assist in maintaining current HR-related forms and supplies such as new hire and orientation, benefits, Employee Action Forms, and Employee Information Forms
• Assist in maintaining the HR Bulletin Board
• Assist in distributing various HR communications
• Assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum skills needed:
• Recent graduates in Human Resources or who have taken coursework in Human Resource
• Competent use of Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheet software with a high level of accuracy to create documents
• Must interact courteously and effectively with a diverse range of people on the telephone, by email and in person
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Successful passing of the DHS BCU Criminal Background and/or Fingerprint Checks
• Standing, walking, sitting at a computer, and keyboarding on a frequent basis.
• Able to carry materials and set up displays up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
Training to be provided:
• Will be trained to perform all duties as mentioned above and provided necessary guidance in developing the required skills and abilities to perform these duties.
To apply please submit resume, along with any other application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org