A.wordsmith is a boutique communications firm specializing in thought leadership PR and writing in Portland. We are searching for an intern to join our team in the role of PR Coordinator starting in November or December of 2017. The ideal candidate will be skilled, passionate and driven to deliver high-quality results. The position is best suited for a student living and attending school in the Portland area, or a recent graduate. The Coordinator will be expected to work in the A.wordsmith office 3 days per week. Coordinator will work directly with account teams to support ongoing client campaigns.
• Regular media monitoring.
• Media relations support – development of media lists, identifying editorial calendar opportunities, crafting press releases.
• Support media pitching and outreach.
• Research various opportunities to grow client businesses through partner development, awards, speaking/networking engagements and community relations.
• PR writing.
• General office administrative support.
• General understanding of PR programs
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to self-manage and be proactive
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform within tight timeframes and against client budgets
• Team player with strong work ethic
• Working toward, or earned, a degree in journalism, communications or other relevant field