The Event Coordinator will be responsible for managing the kitchen and related activities for public and private fundraising events at the House. This includes but is not limited to public and private Afternoon Teas, Very Victorian Holiday Party, and Victorian Family Holidays. This position will recruit and coordinate volunteers for staffing related events. Other duties may be assigned as position grows. This position will work closely with office staff for marketing, budgeting, and strategic planning. Reports to Executive Director.
At least 6 months of commercial kitchen or banquet experience required. Culinary/Pastry Chef degree preferred.
• Enjoy working with people
• Current Food Handlers Card
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Attention to detail
• Good interpersonal and supervisory skills
• Good communication skills
• Neat personal appearance
• Comfortable working with computers
• Able to negotiate, delegate and work under pressure.