• Provide outreach to clients to engage them in services and overcome barriers to participation in treatment.
• Assist peers in developing personal recovery and wellness goals.
• Offer support, encouragement and hope.
• Share personal experiences and model effective self-help strategies.
• Assist with access/linkage to community resources such as housing, transportation, education and employment.
• May be required to transport consumers to appointments and activities and or make home visits.
• Monitor program utilization.
• Understanding of approaches to support others in recovery and resiliency and demonstrates efforts at self-directed recovery.
• Community resources and how to connect individuals to those resources.
• Understand and carry out directions and instructions.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Provide services to adult consumers.
• Speak, read, and write English.
• Prepare documentation consistent with department standards for quality and timeliness.
• Work hours conducive to reaching the identified population.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with consumers, coworkers, and other agencies.