We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Government Relations Coordinator to join our Advancement team.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Government Relations, the Government Relations Coordinator will will work to support the government relations team in all areas including project management, research, elected engagement and coordination across departments at the organization including Advocacy and Policy. The ability to interact with staff, elected officials and government agencies in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, while remaining organized, flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing high-level administrative support to the Government Relations team, including managing the calendar of the Managing Director of Government Relations;
- Assisting with day-to-day logistical needs: coordinate internal and external meetings including prepare briefing documents and other materials as needed for internal and external meetings and special events;
- Supporting tasks and projects related to elected engagement;
- Conducting in-depth research on a education reform topics as related to NYS political climate;
- Maintaining an organized and up-to-date contact elected official database: regularly update contacts, and management of correspondence; and
- Tracking and processing expenses for the Managing Director of Government Relations; and submit and monitor payment of invoices.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree, and at least 1-2 years of relevant work experience;
- Exudes a polished, professional demeanor at all times with internal staff and external stakeholders;
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with precision and accuracy;
- Has extraordinary attention to detail and highly effective organizational systems;
- Skilled at keeping track of upcoming, ongoing and past work product; and juggling multiple and varied projects and deadlines simultaneously;
- Possess superb writing and communications skills and a can-do attitude;
- Is a proactive, creative thinker that will look for ways to bring their position and the department to the next level; and
- Is a mission-driven individual with a passion for educational access and equity.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.