What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karate, at VIP Hospitality Group we're interested in YOU. At VIP, we look for people who are wired to share our core values – vision, integrity, passion, and humility. Are you able to apply the same amount of care and passion to your career as you do to your hobbies - placing our guests at the heart of everything you do? If this is you, EVEN Hotel Eugene and VIP Hospitality Group would be honored to have you join our friendly and professional team.
At EVEN Hotels, our core mission is to Enable Wellness in Travel. To inspire our Guests to stay on Track while on the road, we will:
• Enliven Wellness through our passion, knowledge, and resources available to ensure balance and holistic well-being
• Be Encouraging by recognizing our guests’ achievements and offering positive words of encouragement and suggestions
• Get Personal to understand our guest wellness goals and help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling
The Night Auditor audits, balances and reports on the various areas of the hotel (e.g. food and beverage outlets, rooms/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information and to ensure company and Hotel policies and procedures are followed and to prevent fraud. They prepare a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel's financial performance for the day. Additionally, they respond in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Balance and audit room revenue, food and beverage revenue and telephone revenue for accuracy; assist in the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues.
• Balance and audit all room tax charges, cashier reports, and guest house accounts for accuracy.
• Complete and transmit daily management/accounting reports with any supporting documentation ensuring the accurate accounting of the hotel revenues and expenses.
• Prepare General Manager daily, weekly and month end reporting packs.
• Act as the security point of contact during various times in the shift.
• Be knowledgeable and prepared for emergency procedures.
• Communicate with management to resolve accounting discrepancies and to request or provide information.
• Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services, room location, and rewards program. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
• May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes. Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize revenue.
• Follow the overall seasonal demand reservation strategy as communicated by the hotel management team with regards to room type and length of stay pricing.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
• Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled and proper delivery of guest services is delivered.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Required to work graveyard hours.
• High school education or equivalent experience.
• Accounting background preferred, but not required.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities preferred.
• Standing for extended periods of time.
• May be required to work weekends and holidays.