Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KOMO 4 News in Seattle, Washington has a job opening for a News Photographer. We are seeking someone who can see beyond the lens and bring back compelling stories. A successful candidate for this position will have at least two years of ENG experience with a network affiliate news organization. You will cover day to day general, in-depth features and investigative assignments. You will produce and post unique content to social media platforms. We are shooting full HD on media cards and editing on desktops and laptops. You should have strong editing skills in non-linear edit systems, have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is absolutely essential in this position.
Your creative visual storytelling must reflect an ability to capture excellent video and audio. We need a Photojournalist who can wear many hats; is a team player; is flexible with scheduling and shows great initiative. You must be able to gather news, shoot video and edit your stories with or without a reporter. Knowledge of local and national news is a plus.
Our news staff prides itself on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability and winning. If you have the skills… then this is the position for you.
* Operates videotape or solid state media cameras and related equipment; shoots, videotapes and edits stories; operates cameras and microwave equipment on live reports.
* Produces and posts content for social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
* Drives and operates KOMO News live vehicles.
* Perform general maintenance on news vehicles when necessary.
* Operates portable microwave gear, Video-over-cellular and Fiber Optic remotes for news broadcasts.
* Monitors police and fire radios in the vehicle and maintains two-way communication with the News Department.
* Maintains camera equipment, this includes recharging batteries, careful handling and storage, keeping equipment clean and free of dust and moisture, and advising the TV News Chief Photographer of worn, damaged, lost or faulty equipment.
* Makes recommendations to the Assignment Planner on story ideas or leads.
* Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned.
* We are looking for an aggressive team-player who can produce good stories under tight deadlines.
* Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
* Must be able to operate ENG news vehicles, have at least one year of shooting experience, and technical knowledge of editing and photo equipment.
* Responsibilities will involve editing, shooting general assignment stories, live shots and natural sound packages.
* Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
* You must have experience driving and operating television news microwave and satellite vans.
* The successful candidate for this position must have at least three years working in a professional television newsroomPlease include a recent web link of your work while completing the online application. If you do not have a web link, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of your work to:
140 4th Ave N. Seattle, WA 98109
No phone calls or emails please
This position is represented by Local #600 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and Moving Picture Machine Operators of the United States and Canada, AFL-CIO. Our successful candidates will be required to join the union and pay union dues.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Please See Job Description