Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Description#13;The Litigation Services Paralegal job family supports the efficient operation of the Law Regulation (LR) Litigation Services department by applying knowledge of legal concepts and processes. Under the direction of the departmentrsquo;s attorneys, supports the management of insurance defense and tort litigation/dispute work and related issues/matters.
Provides paralegal support for Litigation Services attorneys. Prepares pleadings and motions. Under general attorney supervision, facilitates the discovery process, including: obtaining records, reviewing documents, interviewing clients, preparing trial materials, and summarizing and analyzing research Identifies, summarizes, and monitors relevant issues.
- Preparation of files for pursuit of pleadings and motions
- Conducting discovery, including obtaining records and drafting reviewing documents
- Interviewing clients
- Preparing trial materials
- Conducting legal research
- Works under the direction and supervision of a licensed attorney
- Monitors and maintains compliance with Claim Litigation Management System- Team Connect.
- Education: Bachelor' Degree in related field; American Bar Association (ABA) approved Paralegal Certificate
- Meaningful experience in a litigation setting preferred; prior insurance defense experience a plus
- Knowledge of legal holds and discovery processes
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively regarding basic matters
- Ability to deliver results with a sense of urgency
- Basic project management skills and experience interacting with law firms vendors
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Advanced knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Adobe Pro, Internet, and other web-based applications
- The ability to accurately process a variety of tasks and high volumes of work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Possesses effective communications skills necessary to interact with coworkers, clients, and claims partners
- A strong commitment to exceptional customer service and quality
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Please see Job Description
See Online Application Address