The Eugene Marathon is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented intern who has a passion for sports event planning and marketing. The Eugene Marathon weekend includes a 5K and kids Run on Saturday, April 28 and the full and half marathon on Sunday, April 29.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Race Director and Event Coordinators on tasks including participant recruitment/advertising, community engagement practices, promotional material and outreach events
• Lead two preview runs in March and April; work with race director to polish course leaders; recruit groups to participate including the University of Oregon and help facilitate the two events
• Actively participate in marathon outreach and recruitment involving but not limited to: volunteers, spirit groups, campus engagement, charity involvement, ambassador communication, youth participation, etc.
• Provide administrative assistance to the Eugene Marathon staff as needed
• Other project based tasks as determined by Eugene Marathon staff
• Available for a minimum of 5-10 hours per week; must be available all hours during event weekend (April 28-29, 2017). Time commitment increases as the event gets closer.
• Organized and detail oriented
• Prior experience in event coordination
• Must be a self-starter; come up with creative ideas to grow the marathon and be willing to take lead on evaluating effectiveness or planning/executing the ideas.
• Excellent communication and writing skills; be able to comfortably speak in front of large crowds
• Must be self-motivated and goal oriented while working within ambiguity and with a team
• Have a get-it-done attitude. Be willing to jump in and do whatever is needed (especially during the event weekend)
• Able to problem solve and conduct independent research in order to complete tasks in a project-based work environment
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email no later than Nov. 20, 2017 to:
Justin Hanes, Charity and Event Coordinator
Please submit your cover letter and resume in proper AP Style.