Parametric is a leading global asset management firm. We bring clarity and accessibility to investment science with solutions that deliver elevated, transparent, repeatable outcomes for institutions and wealth managers. At Parametric, we believe in doing a few key things really well. Our strategies apply scientific rigor and in-depth research to manage risk with a sharp focus on controlling costs. Our core competencies are in Better Beta, an improvement on existing passive options; Non-Traditional Alpha, a different take on key portfolio return drivers; and Efficient Implementation. Parametric is a majority-owned subsidiary of Eaton Vance Corp. and has offices in Seattle, WA, Minneapolis, MN, Westport, CT, Boston, MA and Sydney, Australia.
The Associate - Client Service is responsible for working closely with Parametric Regional Representatives and the Eaton Vance Wealth Strategies Group (WSG) to maintain excellent client relationships in their territories. The Associate - Client Service will become a primary inside contact person for our existing clients to ensure high level client satisfaction and seamless experience with Parametric across the Custom Core and Centralized Portfolio Management accounts.
– Work closely with Regional Reps and/or WSG Internal on existing client relationships.
– Become a primary contact for new accounts and activity for existing clients.
– Effectively utilize internal systems to respond to client requests – asset values, status, tax efficiency, etc.
– Establish new accounts in proprietary systems; coordinating with RIAs, FAs, custodians, and broker/dealers to ensure proper set-up.
– Coordinate with Activity Management Team on new account funding, client activities, etc.
– Coordinate client requests and effectively use internal resources for information, paperwork, transition analyses, etc.
– Participate as needed on client conference calls and meetings.
– Communicate results of transitions with existing clients.
– Responsible for billing and relationship setup.
– Contribute to team projects and initiatives.
– Coach and mentor Jr. team members and Interns.
– 2-4 years proven experience working with financial services advisors.
– Experience with RIA community, separate accounts, UMAs, tax-efficient products and indexing a plus.
– Strong relationship building skills a must.
– Excellent communication skills - both with internal team and clients in writing and orally essential.
– Thorough knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel needed.
– Strong knowledge of internal systems / ability to learn new applications necessary.
Interested candidates should submit their resume online via the link below.
1918 Eighth Avenue, Suite 3100
Seattle, WA 98101