Position Title: Office Assistant/Marketing Assistant
Job Status: Open
Job Duration: Varies
Job Location: Marketing Office, University Housing, Walton Hall
Primary Job Duties:
• Support the University Housing Marketing Office by weekly monitoring of tour rooms
• Help with organizing and filing
• Help with maintenance of calendar of recruitment events and coordination with different partners around campus
• Manage distribution of table tents to dining venues each week and send out communication to dining venues about table tents
• Train to act as back-up for scheduling of table tents and digital display slides
• Make updates to website
• Help with marketing campaigns
• Learn about University Housing and represent University Housing at marketing and recruitment events
• Maintain organizational and inventory systems for the University Marketing Office
• Deliver items to other offices on campus and pick up items from other offices across campus
• Walk, take bus or drive on errands and deliveries
This position will help the University Housing office with organization and preparation for recruitment events as well as maintenance of tour rooms and delivery of table tents to dining venues. There may be times where the person in this position is asked to help at recruitment events, to speak with students and families at events or to speak in front of a large group.
Undergraduate applicants must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited educational institution for a minimum of 8 credit hours each term for the current academic year. Graduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours per term; graduate students working on a thesis are required to be enrolled for a minimum of 3 credit hours per term.
Additional Required Qualifications:
Ability to learn and use office tools and web systems; available a minimum of 12 and maximum of 20 hours per week (additional hours may be available during school breaks); must be reliable, punctual and professional; must possess excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Valid driver’s license.
Have strong organizational, writing, and customer service skills. Have excellent computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel. Able to multi-task and have fine attention to detail.
Submit a résumé with all relevant work experience, and a cover letter indicating how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
Materials may be emailed to email@example.com
Dropped off at the University Housing office in Walton Hall (1595 E. 15th Avenue, Eugene) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Materials may be mailed to:
Director of Marketing and Communications
1220 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1220
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.