Locally owned KOBI-TV NBC5 in Medford, OR is looking for an experienced Anchor/Producer/Multimedia Journalist to solo anchor our Weekday 10PM Newscast. If you have a strong background in anchoring, producing, reporting, editing, and are proficient with newsroom computer systems and have knowledge of social media platforms, than this may be the right job for you! Job duties for this position include:
• Solo anchoring our 10PM weekday newscast;
• Determines the order and the time given for stories to be presented on the news;
• Selects stories to air during show, proofreads all reporter’s scripts for content and accuracy; approves final scripts;
• Researching and writing original reports;
• Edits and assembles new stories; and,
• Adding stories to the KOBI website and social media sites.
Our benefits package includes: health care, dental care, 401K retirement plan, paid sick leave, paid vacations, paid holidays, short term disability, flexible spending account, and life insurance. The company pays the majority of the health care premium.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• College degree in journalism/communications or equivalent work experience;
• Knowledge of news gathering, production, and writing;
• Knowledge of journalism policies and practices;
• Ability to professionally report news on-air;
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and without supervision; and,
• Ability to maintain working relationships with staff and the general public.
An insurable driving record and pre-employment drug screen are pre-employment requirements.
If you meet the qualifying requirements above, please send cover letter and resume (in Word or PDF format only), and a web link to a reporter/anchor reel via email or to the physical address listed below:
Craig Smullin, News Director
125 S. Fir St.
Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
1. The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
2. The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
3. Send resume in Word or PDF format only.