Parametric, headquartered in Seattle, WA, is a leading global asset management firm providing systematic, rules-based investment strategies and customized exposure management to institutions and individual investors around the world. We take an engineer’s approach to asset management - mathematical, pragmatic and testable. Parametric portfolio managers act as investment "engineers," creating portfolios with explicit risk and return targets and continually measuring and managing the impact of relevant costs. Our approaches are, at their roots, quantitative and rules-based. They evolve slowly, as they don’t require repeated tactical insights into valuations or market direction. Parametric is a majority-owned subsidiary of Eaton Vance Corp. and offers these capabilities through investment centers in Seattle, WA, Minneapolis, MN and Westport, CT (home to Parametric subsidiary Parametric Risk Advisors LLC, an SEC-registered investment adviser).
The Senior Portfolio Accountant is responsible for reconciling multicurrency (up to 70+ currencies) portfolios, resolving trade, foreign currency exchange, and corporate action discrepancies with our custodians. This role will also be responsible for client and third party reporting and other duties as assigned, as well as a strong focus on training team members and ensuring processes and procedures are accurately documented. The Senior Portfolio Accountant may act as a bridge between other staff and the team supervisor and serves as a resource for the rest of the team. The person in this role may be required to assist in the daily oversight process of reconciliation review, email review for the team as well as assist with projects. The successful candidate will be able to have an in-depth understanding of international markets as well as understand the risks and implications of these markets.
May be required to work extended hours or holidays when necessary to support global clients.
– Reconciling client portfolios against custody statements/downloads/websites; generally this role is responsible for the more complex accounts/processes on the team
– Resolving variances in a timely manner; ability to understand risk and to escalate as appropriate
– Training of new and existing staff to ensure that team is current on processes
– Documentation of written processes and procedures
– Provide coverage for the team during times of need
– Provide coverage for the Supervisor as appropriate, which may include review of reconciliation by the team, ensuring that outstanding items are resolved by the team
– Assist supervisor in monitoring daily emails that come into the team; ensuring appropriate follow up
– Act as escalation contact for reconciliation breaks to ensure the firm is not at risk; understanding of when to escalate to supervisor
– Must be comfortable with working with large datasets in MS Excel. Must be able to manage and organize datasets of 100,000+ rows of data. Must be an expert at basic Excel functionality (copying, pasting, setting up different views, sorting, and similar functionality).
– Analyzing corporate action events and when necessary entering transactions into the accounting system.
– Record Keeping/Maintenance of client records and files.
– Internal and External Reporting.
– Communicating with a variety of internal and external parties to effectively resolve issues.
– May be assigned other operational tasks as needed.
– Resolves issues quickly with a sense of urgency.
– Must be able to prioritize work and ongoing initiatives during times of peak activity.
– Bachelor’s (4yr) degree w/ concentration in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
– 2-3 years prior operations experience (e.g. reconciliation, trade settlement processing, corporate
action processing, pricing, etc.). Parametric experience preferred, but not required.
– Knowledge of international trading markets (developed and/or emerging markets) and experience
with multicurrency reconciliation
– Competent in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel)
– Experience with VBA and Excel macros or other technology a plus.
– Exceptional Interpersonal Skills.
– Ability to ensure that work output is accurate and complete, using defined methods to check
– Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
– Leadership skills are encouraged.
– Well organized, self-starter with the ability to analyze information.
– Be Professional.
– Ability to plan and prioritize.
– Ability to meet tight deadlines.
– Advent Axys/APX, Bloomberg and SS&C Recon experience a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their resume online via the link below.
1918 Eighth Avenue, Suite 3100
Seattle, WA 98101