The Manager of Technical Accounting will be responsible for managing the development and implementation of the Company's accounting policy, procedure and/or position on a range of accounting topics, including the implementation and compliance with new accounting standards. This role will assist with the financial close and external financial reporting processes, as well as prepare various other financial and/or compliance reporting as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
• Design and implement new or changing accounting standards, including revenue recognition standard and lease accounting standard.
• Administration of all financial close and external reporting processes.
• Provide key technical accounting support to ensure compliance with internal and external policies and procedures, and identify key issues.
• Assist in the maintenance and deployment of the Company's accounting policy and procedures manual.
• Conduct accounting research, provide recommendations on the application of accounting standards, and document the company’s position with respect to accounting matters.
• Responsible for financial statement creation as well as supporting other financial or compliance reporting as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in Public Accounting, Auditing, or related area.
• One (1) or more years of supervisory experience.
• Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, previous research experience preferred.
• Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
• Ability to learn new systems and train others.
• Previous experience in Manufacturing, Business Intelligence and database systems.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA).