o Senior Engineer- MEP Designer III- Direct Hire $100K Salary (located in Salem)
The Senior Engineer/MEP Designer III is responsible for independently leading a team of engineers and production staff within the engineering discipline. The Senior Engineer/MEP Designer III is also responsible for all aspects of the engineering team's output including reviewing, approving and stamping all drawing sets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitors overall productivity and efficiency of the projects, forecasts trends and anticipates potential problems and difficulties meeting milestones or budget. Coordinates management, Projects Managers and all supervised staff to resolve problems.
2. Manages and monitors budgetary and schedule accountability, design calculations, drawing preparation, specification preparation and documentation of all design tasks.
3. Organizes and coordinates assigning tasks, team and client meetings, client interface and collection and review of project information.
4. Prepares technical evaluations of projects. Accurately and concisely provides and documents technical information to management to provide updates and/or influence decisions on technical issues.
• Designs / drafts projects mechanical / electrical elements, coordinates and details end drawings, assists with all stages of work, conducts site visits, and performs systems analyses.
• Designs and drafts assigned projects mechanical / electrical elements.
• Coordinates details and processes drawings and requests for information (RFls).
• Assists with coordination of work from initial planning stages through final construction.
• Conducts site visits during construction phases.
• Performs mechanical / electrical analysis of various building elements.
• Prepares cost estimates and time schedules for projects from budget phase through construction.
• Prepares and presents technical information to internal and external stakeholders.
• Travels approximately 30% of the time.
• Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
• Respectfully takes direction from manager.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises department employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
An Engineering License is required for this job with the ability to be licensed in multiple states. A valid driver's license and passport. Registration is preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision as well as depth and perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and make visits to client construction sites.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferred in Engineering; five year college or university program certificate; and seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations as well as determination of test reliability and validity.
Most required work is almost exclusively on the computer, but the computer is not itself the focus of the position. Has an advanced understanding and capabilities in using applicable programs and knowledge of networks. Must be a strong reference for other users for performing different functions with the computer.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.