The Accounting Technician will have a major focus in Accounts Receivable (AR) and should be well-versed in all phases of accounting practices and procedures, including the ability to research and analyze financial information and reports. In addition, the Accounting Technician must have excellent communication skills as this position is a liaison between the Accounting function and other internal departments.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Daily banking, including cash receipt entries and spreadsheet imports.
- Work with mortgage companies and contractors to process two-party checks.
- Post customer invoices and track collections using established procedures.
- Perform reconciliations of customer accounts.
- Conduct general ledger account reconciliations to ensure invoices post properly in Sage 100.
- Proactively look for process and system improvements.
- Process weekly/monthly data imports to Sage 100.
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verify information to confirm accuracy.
- Assist with period-end close, including creation and tie-out of spreadsheets.
- Process 1099s.
Skills & Requirements:
- BA/BS in Accounting or closely-related field preferred.
- 4+ years of accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with MAS 90/Sage 100 strongly preferred.
- Chart of accounts and general ledger knowledge required.
- Experience with detailed account reconciliations.
- 3+ years of strong experience in Microsoft Excel, including skill with pivot tables, formulas, and formatting.
- Typing speed of 55+ words per minute; comfortable with 10-key typing.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy under pressure.
- Experience creating, updating, and following procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment and be a team player.
- Deadline-oriented; ability to input and process data in a timely manner.
Apply online at the link listed below.