We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We are now seeking an experienced Academics Project Manager, with a keen eye for detail and ability to execute complex project plans, to join our Academics Team.
The Academics Team is responsible for upholding SA’s vision for excellent teaching and learning across our growing network of schools. The Team’s work involves developing and refining our rich, inquiry-based Literacy, History, Math, and Science curricula, training our diverse group of school staff, creating and administering network-wide assessments, and analyzing and reporting academic data to drive academic achievement. The Team works closely with Schooling Management to support school leaders with implementing our unique school design, centered on learning environments where student curiosity and critical thinking are front and center.
The Academics Project Manager will act as a lead project manager for cross-team projects and new initiatives. The Project Manager will report to the Director of Strategic Planning on our Academics Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting our yearly School Design planning process through the development of detailed project plans, to include outlines of roles and responsibilities, timelines, communication plans, and systems for status reporting;
- Executing against project plans to ensure key benchmarks are met and relevant constituencies are kept informed; key projects would include:
(1)Student homework, including summer homework
(2)Assessment and training calendar
(3)Academics family communications
(4)Instructional resource planning
- Designing and codifying replicable processes for projects that recur on a quarterly or yearly basis;
- Managing external and internal communication systems for the Academics Team;
- Supporting the Director of Strategic Planning and the Chief Academic Officer with planning and preparation for departmental meetings and executing on new projects and initiatives; and
- Acting as liaison between the Academics Team and other departments within the organization, to develop cross-departmental project plans and execute on those plans to achieve a common goal.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Has 3-5 years’ demonstrated experience in project management, leveraging strategy and communication experience to construct and execute against project plans;
- Has experience and demonstrated ability collaborating across many teams to achieve cross-team and cross-department goals;
- Is a leader with tremendous agency and can execute against short-term and long-term goals independently;
- Has an incredibly high bar and meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, constantly and consistently striving for excellence;
- Has excellent organizational, problem-solving, and data-gathering skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Is a learner.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.