• 20 hours per week from January – June of 2018
• Located in downtown Portland, Oregon at GEC’s office.
• Working remotely may be arranged.
The Marketing Intern will help communicate the sustainability benefits of EPEAT, the leading global IT ecolabel. EPEAT, the flagship program of the Green Electronics Council, serves two primary stakeholder groups—IT companies and institutional purchasers. The Marketing Intern will develop strategies targeted to both of these groups and help the EPEAT Program articulate its brand value and identity.
About the Green Electronics Council:
The Green Electronics Council (GEC) is a mission-driven organization that seeks to achieve a world in which only sustainable electronics are designed, manufactured, bought, used and recycled. We were founded in 2006 to manage EPEAT, the largest global rating system for greener electronics, which is used by purchasers in 43 countries. GEC works with global electronics brands and large scale purchasers to facilitate their adoption of sustainable manufacturing and procurement systems. We aim to increase the market availability and purchase of sustainable electronics. More information is available at www.GreenElectronicsCouncil.org.
The responsibilities of the Marketing Intern are as follows:
Assess effectiveness of current EPEAT program communications strategy and propose improvements to existing strategies: 30%
• Develop strategies for raising awareness of EPEAT with institutional purchasers
• Create a communications plan that achieves strategies
Develop marketing collateral that communicates the benefits of EPEAT to IT companies and large-scale institutional purchasers: 50%
• Tailor existing data and benefits statements on the environmental benefits of EPEAT to specific audiences.
• Create compelling talking points to differentiate EPEAT in the market
Assist with EPEAT Program communications: 20%
• Manage existing communication channels, including bi-weekly newsletters
• Develop communications strategies that distinguish the EPEAT brand from that of GEC
• Keep EPEAT website up to date, develop content for website such as blog posts
• Develop EPEAT’s social media presence
• Active student seeking Graduate Degree
• Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong MS Office abilities
• Access to a personal laptop computer to use for work assignments
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
• Passionate about sustainability
• Team player, respectful, approachable
Submit a cover letter and résumé specifically focused on your qualifications for this position to email@example.com. Include in your cover letter details demonstrating how you meet each of the qualifications described above. No phone calls please.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
$12 per hour, paid once per month on the 5th of each month.