Apply online at: https://houadmin.uoregon.edu/machform/view.php?id=109368
This is a student position beginning June 16th, 2018 and ending August 17th, 2018. There is an opportunity for students to sign up for extended contracts after August 17th. Extended contract occurs August 17th through September 11th, 2018. A mandatory paid training program will take place during spring term. Successful completion of spring training and a criminal background check are prerequisites for summer employment.
The duties and responsibilities of this position vary from facilitating lead communications on a conference to maintaining center operations by delivering mail, checking in campus guests and summer session students as well as being available for immediate needs such as resident lock outs.
• Each Conference Ambassador will be responsible for overseeing different conferences that reside on campus. They will also work at the Summer Service Center.
• CAs obtain accurate information from organizers prior to, during and after a conference visits the campus.
• CAs obtain accurate information from organizers and relay it in a timely and accurate manner to dining and custodial staff.
• CAs handle guest registration, issue meal cards, keys and ensure rooms are prepared for occupancy.
• CAs may assist with the conference’s catering food and set up preparations.
• CAs distribute, collect and track room keys and access cards for conference guests and summer session residents; deliver messages and mail to conference guests and residents, obtain and deliver AV equipment, secure buildings and respond to and facilitate organizers’ requests.
• CAs serve as the resident and center assistant for summer session residents and conference guests. They are ambassadors for the University.
• CAs coordinate and support professional staff during the summer in programming and orientation for summer session residents.
• CAs maintain operation at the Summer Service Center which entails but is not limited to – performing weekly audits, processing paperwork, mail & packages, providing service such as directions, information and answering queries of campus guests, conference guests, summer session residents, students and campus staff.
• Hours are irregular during the summer as CAs facilitate various conferences as well as operate the service center which is open between 7am and 8pm daily.
• Conference Ambassadors live in the Residence Halls, eat in the summer dining halls and are On-Call on a rotating schedule as well as when their lead conferences are on campus.
• Applicants may not take any scheduled classes or have another job during the summer as they are required to be available at any time throughout the day.
• Room, board and a weekly stipend are provided through the duration of employment.
• Each CA will have a single room while employed during the summer.
• Pay during spring term training will be $10.25/hour.
• Summer stipend -$280 per week for new hires |$300 per week for returning CAs
• Conference Ambassadors attend all scheduled meetings
• Spring term training is scheduled for Wednesdays 3-4pm weekly, beginning April 11th, 2018.
• CAs work two hours per week in the Conference Services Office and with the Housing Service Center Manager during the last half of Spring term
• There will be one daylong Saturday training during spring term
• Successful candidates will be required to schedule classes around training.
• Ability to relate well with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
• Effective communicator
• Ability to work well within a team as well as on your own
• Problem solver
• Ability to work well under pressure during long, irregular hours
• Organizational and computer skills
• Ability to follow up on requests in an efficient manner