Transportation Options Assistant (Office Specialist 2): OSU Transportation Services has an opening for one part-time Office Specialist 2 position. This position will provide general support to the Transportation Options programs that promote carpooling, vanpooling, transit, bicycling, and walking. The position will support efforts to market and promote the various transportation alternatives available to the OSU community. For a complete job positing, a list of qualifications, and to apply online, please visit https://oregonstate.edu/jobs. Posting #P01275CT closes December 15, 2017. OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled
50% Communications and Customer Service
-Answer calls and respond to emails to Transportation Services, providing information to OSU students, parents, staff, and members of the public about transportation services in Corvallis and on campus.
-Perform Transportation Services website content updates
-Work with graphic design staff to produce and distribute outreach materials for education, safety, and encouragement campaigns, including posters, brochures, slides, and giveaway items.
-Post updates to department social media pages
-Assist as needed with Beaver Bike Rental operations, including bike check-outs and check-ins, and email or phone communication with customers.
-Assist with customer support and outreach for Zipcar and Pedal Corvallis
-Under the management of the Transportation Options Supervisor, support the implementation of the Zap bike commuter rewards program, including soliciting donations and purchasing gift cards from businesses, coordinating the distribution of rewards to riders, and conducting outreach to sign up new participants.
40% Event and Outreach Coordination
-Assist with the planning and implementation of an annual fall bicycle and pedestrian safety event, Be Bright Be Seen, including securing venue, soliciting participating partners, conducting marketing and outreach on campus, and attending the event to staff the Transportation Services table.
-Assist the Transportation Options Supervisor in planning and executing department events throughout the year such as: an OSU Bicycle Commute Challenge; May Bike Month events; Zap outreach events; and other events as needed.
-Coordinate Transportation Services’ attendance at other campus events, including the Beaver Community Fair, Beyond Earth Day Fair, University Day, and Fall resource fairs.
-When new event opportunities are identified, provide support by staffing these events and developing outreach activities to enhance community engagement and awareness of transportation options.
10% Other duties as assigned
Two years of general clerical experience. One year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR An Associate’s degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR Graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience. College courses in Office Occupations or Office Technology will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
• Excellent technical writing skills, interpersonal communication and responsiveness
• Precision and attention to detail
• Commitment to and ability to learn and promote alternative transportation options
• This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal History Check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in Youth Programs may have additional Criminal History Checks every 24 months.
• Outreach and marketing related experience
• Event planning experience
• Experience working with diverse populations
• Knowledge of alternative transportation options
• Transportation engineering, public health, or planning coursework or professional experience
• A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
• Understanding of theories of behavior change and how they apply to transportation choice
• Familiarity with outreach and marketing in a university or college setting