The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their health systems and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Legislative Coordinator to join an excellent team and work to improve and advance the Oregon Health Plan.
What you will do!
As a Legislative Coordinator, you will be part of the External Relations Division. You will manage a portfolio that includes the Health Systems Division and policy issues related to Health Systems Transformation, including issues related to the integration of physical and oral health of Oregon Health Plan members; and issues related as assigned.
In this role, you will serve as the primary point of contact for state legislators and other elected officials on issues related to this portfolio. You will also facilitate high-level partnerships with the health care community and other key stakeholders to develop and implement state and federal health policy initiatives. Additionally, you will work to facilitate consensus and reconcile policy and program conflicts with outside organizations.
This position reports directly to the Government Relations Director within the External Relations Division.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Legislative Coordinator, don't delay, apply today!
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and five years of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning experience involving Government Relations.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight years of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning experience involving Government Relations.
• Experience in government affairs, intergovernmental relations, legislative leadership, policy direction and accountability.
• Experience identifying, designing and implementing legislative solutions and proposals to policy issues in the public sector.
• Ability to analyze proposed and adopted legislation, policies and administrative rules as well as legislative impacts and application.
• Experience developing and maintaining collaborative and productive relationships with governmental, industry and community partnerships locally and nationally.
• Experience in the following areas:
o Working with elected officials
o Community outreach
o Working in complicated regulatory environments
o Public speaking involving diverse audiences
• Ability to encourage and balance diverse interests and to work collaboratively.