You’re a problem-solver and amazing with people! You’re enamored by the way things operate, comfortable with change, and have the ability to figure out how technology works when things go wrong. You can multitask across systems and applications, analyze and resolve technical issues, and comfortably navigate a virtual work environment. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time. You’re not only here to help fix technical issues, but also provide an incredible customer experience. Because you’ll work from home, you’ll need the discipline to work independently from your team and manager. If this sounds like you, you could be part of our AppleCare College Program.
In our AppleCare College Program, you’ll be supporting many of our popular products, from iPhones to iPads to MacBooks to desktop Macs. As our customers’ first point of contact, you’ll be the friendly voice of Apple, providing a world class customer experience, troubleshooting, and technical support. We’ll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your technical expertise, creativity, and passion to meet their needs — and remind them that behind our great products are amazing people.
This position comes with competitive pay, full corporate benefits which includes tuition reimbursement, paid time off, discounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to make a difference. You can also expect a work schedule designed around your class schedule, comprehensive paid training, and dedicated resources to support your ongoing growth and career development.
- Student must be enrolled at selected university for a minimum of two semesters or four quarters, in order to meet the requirements of the one year AC College program
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Enjoys troubleshooting technology
- Passionate about providing an amazing experience that Apple customers expect
- Flexible to adapt to different communication styles and modify approach accordingly
- iOS, Smartphone, Tablet, Mac or PC experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple applications running at the same time
- Discipline to work from home while following a set schedule
- Availability to work five to seven weeks of required online training on a fixed schedule that may include weekends. (Training may be either 24 hours per week or 40 hours per week depending on hire date)
- Available to flex up to 40 hours per week during the winter holiday school break, based on business needs
- Successful completion of a pre-employment assessment and criminal background check
- Successful completion of initial training
- Ability to meet minimum typing speed of 35 WPM while talking with customers
- At Home Qualifications
- A quiet, private and secure workspace, ergonomic chair, and desk
- High-speed Internet service (5 megabits download and 1 megabit upload) from a reliable provider