The Oregon Health Authority has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned IT Leader with experience in Business Relationship Management experience to join an excellent team and work to advance IT service Delivery.
What you will do!
As the Senior Business Engagement Services Manager, you will assist the Business Engagement Services IT Director in providing oversight, direction and leadership over a team of professionals responsible for assessing, understanding and facilitating the delivery of technology solutions and services to meet DHS and OHA business partner needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for understanding procurement channels and will bring your technology systems expertise, strong collaboration skills and project management experience to your day to day management of governance, work intake and alignment of technology solutions to business needs. You will provide the first line of escalation for business units seeking OIS services, ensuring the alignment of solutions with agency and technology strategic plans.
In this position, you will coordinate activities within Business Engagement Services and across OIS, Information Security and Privacy and with oversight partners such as the Department of Administrative Services. Staff in the OIS Business Engagement Services section will report directly to you.
You will lead technology governance activities across DHS and OHA including agency level Council governance efforts as well as provide leadership and management of the OIS Intake process and assignment of technology requests from the intake queue to BES resources for further identification of business need.
You will also provide oversight for funding activities (Policy Option Packages, Federal Planning Documents) for technology related work.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a seasoned IT Leader with experience in Business Relationship Management, don't delay, apply today!
Three years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, AND d) budget preparation.
Two years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, AND d) budget preparation; AND 45-48 quarter hours (30-32 semester hours) of graduate level coursework in management.
Three years of professional experience as a program/project leader, assigning and reviewing work of professional staff (e.g., engineers, etc.) including project responsibility for developing goals and objectives, project evaluation, AND monitoring and controlling OR preparing a budget.
• Management experience along with up-to-date technical expertise and knowledge needed to direct technical experts.
• Strong technology leadership experience.
• Direct experience in business relationship management and governance.
• Ability to translate technical issues and ideals into non-technical business language understandable by all levels of management and customers throughout state government.
• Ability to translate business needs into technology outcomes.
• Strong working knowledge of information technology services and project management methodologies.
• Strong customer service orientation and a high degree of responsiveness to customer requirements.
• Strong analytical skills and excellent critical thinking.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Innovative thinking, flexibility and an ability to manage change and varied resources.
• Ability to set clear guidelines, model expected office professional behaviors, and establish and maintain clear methods for reporting inappropriate actions.
• Willingness to consistently treat customers, stakeholders, partners, vendors, and co-workers with dignity and respect, and create and maintain a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Public Administration, Business Management or a related field.