Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance's internship programs give you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.
As an intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to the Commercial Insurance Underwriting department. You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work. The Company's internship program is intended to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience.
This is your chance to check out Liberty Mutual Insurance as a potential employer. We will provide you with the tools and resources to be successful. Your internship supervisor, professional mentor and the campus recruiting team are always available to make sure you are benefiting from your experience. An online community of hundreds of interns will provide a collegial environment to help with your transition from school to work. You'll participate in educational and social programs that will help your development. And you may qualify for scholarships that will help with tuition costs.
• Develop judgment to accept, reject or modify new and renewal business for all commercial lines, with guidance and direction as needed from experienced underwriters or team leader, to ensure a profitable commercial book of business
• Price business according to company underwriting and pricing guidelines and ensures standards for timeliness are met
• Develop on-going relationships with internal and external customers and monitor profitability and quality of submissions, and keeps up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes.
• Review and becomes familiar with: Policy coverages, Agency relationships, Underwriting and team guidelines, processes, and procedures, Company business strategy and organization
• Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree (graduating Fall 2018 - Spring 2019)
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; additional requirements may apply
• Ability to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks (May - August)
• Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
• Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions
Please use the URL address below to apply online.
You are required to complete an assessment as part of the application process for this position. Once you review your candidate profile and click submit, a link to an assessment will be provided. After clicking the link, you will also receive a direct link by e-mail that will allow you to take the assessment later if you choose. Depending on the job, the assessment may take between 30 and 60 minutes and it must be completed to be considered for the position.
Please upload a copy of your unofficial transcript along with your resume when applying.