The Global Financial Compliance Analyst plays a critical role in the Company’s efforts to drive business integrity and compliance with regulatory requirements through strong internal controls. The Analyst will be a core component of the team responsible for leading the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program and directly partnering with the business to achieve management responsibility and accountability for controls, efficient compliance, and effective mitigation of major risks. A key element of the role is to help ensure exceptional integration with the annual external audit of internal controls over financial reporting. The Global Financial Compliance team works in close collaboration with the Controller, Internal Audit and IT Compliance.
The Analyst will play a key role across the breadth of the function’s responsibilities, including: evaluating risk coverage and advising on control design; coordinating periodic control self-assessments; updating documentation to reflect new or changed processes and systems; engaging/coordinating with the external auditor and management testing teams; analysing third party service organization controls; monitoring, researching, communicating and applying emerging or evolving compliance requirements; compiling and communicating program status, etc. The Analyst will interface with management, global business owners, internal audit, the external audit firm and other members of the Company on internal control matters. Additional responsibilities include active identification and resolution of issues and opportunities for process improvements.
· Assists with key elements of the Company’s global SOX compliance program, communicating and coordinating with stakeholders to ensure the program is integrated, efficient, and effective.
· Supports program management of the annual external audit process, schedule, and execution across Global Financial Compliance, IT Compliance, Internal Audit, the Controller function, and the external audit team.
· Supports key aspects of the internal control lifecycle, including: risk assessment; control design evaluation; control implementation; control self-assessments; remediation of control issues; deficiency evaluation; exposure analysis; and monitoring, reporting and communications.
· Updates documentation (i.e., flowcharts, narratives, risk and control matrices, etc.) to reflect changes in process, systems, and/or control design. Promotes continuous improvement of tools and templates to maximize program efficiency and effectiveness.
· Assists with implementation of SOX readiness and compliance for acquired businesses and significant system implementations or other new business processes.
· Supports periodic issue and status communications, including internal controls and compliance performance reporting. This reporting is delivered to a variety of stakeholders including the external audit team, the SOX Steering Committee, Internal Audit, the Audit Committee, and other members of the senior leadership team as needed.
· Assists in the annual evaluation of SOC1 reports for third party service organizations.
· Collaborates with IT Security to assist in the definition of roles and responsibilities for business groups involved in managing system access and segregation of duties.
· Prepares, delivers, and supports communications and training for internal control readiness and continuous improvement.
· Bachelor's degree in a business related field. CPA and/or CIA a plus.
· 3-5 years of audit and SOX experience.
· Big 4 public accounting and/or large global corporate experience strongly preferred. Consumer products industry experience is a plus.
· Experience supporting compliance and controls programs.
· Background in evaluating risk, processes, controls, and compliance strongly preferred.
· Successful project management experience, including the ability to prioritize multiple competing priorities and simultaneous workstreams.
· Experience with financial systems, including SAP, JD Edwards, and consolidation/reporting platforms is a plus.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age