Job search resources: National - Government/Public Policy/Administration
- AmeriCorps - community service opportunities in child/youth, education, environment, public safety, health/hunger, disaster relief, homelessness, elder care, etc.
- Careers in Government - a clearinghouse of information, resources and jobs available in public sector organizations in America and abroad
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) - the CIA's mission is to support the President, the National Security Council, and all officials who make and execute U.S. national security policy. To accomplish its mission, the CIA engages in research, development, and deployment of high-leverage technology for intelligence purposes.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) - the FBI has a critical need to hire a large number of personnel for specialized Professional Support positions within its Security Division. These vital roles help the agency continue to meet the challenge of global terrorism and homeland security.
- GovtJobs.com - listings for cities, counties, states, executive search firms, advertising agencies and other governmental jurisdictions
- National Park Service Careers - official job site for NPS jobs
- RAND - public policy, research and development opportunities
- Public Administration Jobs and Internships - internship, full and part-time employment opportunities for public administrators created by PSU
- Public Service Employees Network - government/public service jobs database
- RCJobs.com - Roll Call is the newspaper of Capitol Hill with news, information and employment listings for DC-based public affairs agencies, trade associations, nonprofits, and even Congressional offices
- State and Local Governments on the Net - comprehensive listings of all state and city government links
- U.S. Department of State - interested in a career in foreign policy or diplomacy? The Foreign Service Officers serve in over 165 countries carrying out United States foreign policy and helping to maintain diplomatic relations. Their work involves administrative management, consular services, political and economic reporting and analysis, and public diplomacy.
- U.S. Peace Corps - one of the world's most successful international volunteer organizations
- USAJOBS - U.S. government's official site for jobs and employment information