As the on-campus recruiting coordinator for the Career Center, I work with all types of employers who want to hire Ducks. This is one of those rare times in your life when you have exclusive access to employers from all different industries, roles, and experience coming to campus to hire YOU.
Take advantage of opportunities to meet and connect with employers and professionals through activities such as career fairs, networking events, on-campus interviews, practice interview program, career information sessions, and more.
What is on-campus recruiting?
- On-campus recruiting (OCR) is used by employers seeking to hire interns and entry-level employees from some of the brightest and most talented college students. Each year, employers recruit on campus through on-campus recruiting, career fairs, networking events, and on-campus interviewing.
Why is this important to students?
- Employers are physically on campus looking to hire for internships or jobs.
- You can start meeting employers early even if it’s your first term at the UO.
- Build your professional network.
- Get insight on a company you potentially want to work for.
Other ways to meet employers on campus
How to get notified about who is coming to campus
- Sign in and update your Handshake profile.
- Through Handshake you can search for jobs and internships, sign-up for on-campus interviews and practice interviews, learn about employer information sessions, and view Career Center events.
Need help creating or updating your résumé? Get your résumé reviewed by a career advisor. Schedule an appointment with us by calling 541-346-3235 before you send it out. Then upload your résumé to Handshake.
Always know the Career Center is here to help you succeed! If you have any questions please feel free to make an appointment with one of our counselors at 220 Hendricks Hall or call us at 541-346-3235. We would love to help!
Contact Tina Haynes at email@example.com if you have questions about how to get involved with the on-campus interview program.
A sample of employers who have recruited at the UO
- City of Eugene, City of Portland, Portland Metro
- FBI, CIA, NSA
- Peace Corps
- Portland Trail Blazers
- State of Oregon
- Teach for America
- Textron Aviation
- U.S. Bank
- U.S. Marines, Navy, Army, Air Force
- U.S. State Department
- Yogi Tea