Interview where you are
Between papers, part-time jobs, study groups, and class time, finding a spare day to travel for interviews can be hard. So we decided to bring the interview to you. Every term, the Career Center invites organizations looking to recruit UO students to campus. Employers find great new hires. Ducks get awesome new jobs. It's a win-win.
How to Participate
Log In to Duck Connect
Register if you don't already have an account.
Filter Event List
Select "On-Campus Interviews," then "All Upcoming Interviews."
Pick Your Favorites
Browse the list of available jobs and choose an employer to interview with.
Send Your Materials
Submit your résumé and required material under “My Account," then “My Documents." Make sure you send everything before the posted deadline.
Get Ready for Your Interview
Attend our workshops, meet with a career advisor, and read up on the organization you're applying to.
The time, place, and interviewer are all listed on the job posting. Arrive 10–15 minutes early in professional attire with extra copies of your résumé.
On-Campus Interviews Student Policies and Procedures
All aspects of the On-Campus recruiting program can be managed from your Duck Connect account in the "My Account" section. On-campus recruiting policies are designed to ensure students meet the recruitment commitments they make through Duck Connect.
You will be considered a no-show if you:
- Cancel a scheduled interview less than 24-hours before the interview time and do not provide adequate notice to the employer and career services.
- Do not show up for a scheduled interview.
Missing a scheduled interview with an employer or not giving adequate cancellation notice reflects poorly on UO students, the Career Center, and the UO as a whole. If you cannot keep a scheduled interview appointment, it is very important to cancel the interview by calling the Career Center or employer directly as soon as possible—no less than 24-hours prior to the interview. By not showing up for your scheduled interview, you have wasted our interviewer’s vital time and taken up an interview slot that could have gone to another student. Such behaviors could ultimately cause employers to suspend recruiting at the UO.
A missed scheduled interview will also result in suspension of upcoming and future scheduled interviews through Duck Connect. To reactivate and unblock your Duck Connect account the following steps must be taken:
- E-mail a note of apology to the recruiter explaining why you missed the interview and copy Tina Haynes, UO Career Center On-Campus Recruiting Coordinator. Employer contact information may be obtained through Duck Connect or you may contact Tina Haynes, 541-346-6006.
- Upon receipt of the e-mail clearly indicating employer was e-mailed, students will regain access to Duck Connect.
Honesty and Integrity
Represent yourself honestly in all aspects of the hiring process. If at any time, it comes to our attention that you are misrepresenting yourself in any way, you may not be able to participate in the future.
What to do before the interview:
- Research the organization and the position description
- Attend employer information sessions (some of these are mandatory) or tabling opportunities
- Check-in with Career Center receptionist 10 minutes before your interview time
- Dress appropriately for your interview (each employer and industry has their own expectations for appropriate interview attire)
- Be yourself
What to do after the interview:
- Send a thank you note to the recruiter that interviewed you.
- Employers are encouraged to provide interview feedback to the Career Center and we will reach out to share that with you.