Career Empowerment Program
How Does the Program Work?
- Students receive regular professional training, attend professional development events, and shadow a professional. Hosts accept students based on their long-term interests and the host’s capabilities.
- Before shadowing their professional, students conduct research on their host department. Hosts receive a profile and contact information for their CEP student.
- Students record their shadow activities every week and identify connected job skills.
- At the end of the program, students present their experience to the ISCA and other program participants. Hosts also provide feedback to students.
- The ISCA Manager provides regular support to hosts and students.
- Current international student at the University of Oregon with limited previous U.S. work experience.
- Must be willing to learn and work hard, and interested in helping other students.
- Able to commit to 4-6 hours per week for 4 weeks with hosting department.
- Prefer students who want a job or internship in the U.S.
- All international students can apply, but sophmores and juniors interested in working in the U.S. have preference.
||Fill out the application
||Individual and group interviews
||Student orientation and training