Schedule a Workshop
We are happy to work with your class to design a career-related workshop. We encourage you to fill out our request form and tell us a little bit about what you are wanting to accomplish. Some examples of workshops we have offered in the past are listed below.
Job and Internship Search Strategy Workshops
- How Do I Write and Effective Resume and Cover Letter? Learn how to identify the key message you want to convey to an employer and how to build that into your résumé and cover letter. Individual critiques are available by appointment.
- Internship and Full-Time Job Search: Learn how to think like an employer and be strategic in your internship or job search.
- How Do I Find a Part-Time Job On- or Off-Campus? Learn a variety of strategies that will help you in your part-time job search.
- What’s My Brand and Why Do I Need One? One of the most important parts of your job search is self-promotion, articulating what you value, what you’re great at, and what you will bring to your next position. This is your personal brand. Discover brand YOU and how to become your own marketing manager.
Online Presence Workshops
- Using Social Media to Enhance My Brand and Job Search: Get an overview of how social media outlets such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and blogs can be used effectively in your job search. Begin to develop a consistent message and learn how to network with professionals through social media.
- LinkedIn Working Session: Build your LinkedIn profile while getting professional tips and advice. Learn some not-so-obvious LinkedIn features and get feedback on your profile. Bring a laptop and create your LinkedIn account before the workshop.