On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) connects students and alumni with organizations that want to hire UO students!
- Students and Alumni
Land a job without ever leaving campus! Each term employers from leading companies and organizations come to campus to recruit and hire UO students.
On-Campus Recruiting is your connection to these employers and best of all, they are coming to you! Connect with employers through DuckConnect by searching On-Campus Interviews; visit employers at the Career Fair; check out upcoming information sessions or see who has a table in the EMU! There are various opportunities for all majors.
Below is a list of Employers that are scheduled to be on campus. Check back often, we are adding new visits all the time.
Note: All OCR participants are responsible for reading and following the On-Campus Recruiting Policies & Procedures.
All aspects of the On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) program can be managed from your DuckConnect (link opens external site) account in the My Account section.
Failure to attend a scheduled interview or to cancel within the deadline will result in suspension of interviewing privileges including your removal from all scheduled interviews. If you are deemed a "no show", follow these steps:
- You must write a letter of apology to the recruiter (recruiter contact information located in DuckConnect or contact On-Campus Recruiting Coordinator)
- Bring the letter to the Career Center in an unsealed addressed, stamped envelope
- Review it with a career counselor
- When the counselor notifies OCR that you've sent the letter you'll be eligible to be re-instated.
Represent yourself honestly in all aspects of the hiring process. If at any time, it comes to our attention that you are misrepresenting yourself in any way, disciplinary action will be taken.
- Don't meet employer requirements?
If you don't meet an employer's requirements (listed in description page), you may contact the On-Campus Recruiting Coordinator to discuss options.
- Employer contact information
Employer contact information is located in DuckConnect (links open external site). Employer literature is located in the Career Center library.
- What to do before the interview:
- Prepare requested materials (applications, etc.) to present to recruiter at interview
- Read literature in Career Center library and company web sites
- Attend employer lobby tables or information sessions (some of these are mandatory)
- Check-in with receptionist 15 minutes before your interview time
- Dress appropriately for your interview (each employer has their own expectations for appropriate interview attire)
- What to do after the interview:
- Send a thank you card to the the recruiter that interviewed you.
- Obtain interview feedback at Drop-In counseling, 11:00am- 4:00pm.
- Practice Interview Program
Students that participate in the Practice Interview Program will adhere to the policies and procedures of the On-Campus Recruiting Program.
Find out who's coming
Follow these steps to see a list of upcoming opportunities to interview with employers on campus:
- Log in to DuckConnect (links opens external site)
- Once logged in, select On-Campus Interviews > ALL Upcoming Interviews
- Browse the results list or search by keyword or Advanced Search
- Get ready
Most OCR interviews require that you submit your resume through DuckConnect. Some visits also request other documents such as cover letters or transcripts, so be sure to read the posting carefully and submit all the required documents. Documents may be submitted to DuckConnect by logging in and going to the My Account > My Documents section.
Until the deadline listed in the job posting, you can submit your resume and any other documents though the job posting in DuckConnect. Use the DuckConnect Job Postings search to locate the job posting.