***NOW HIRING FOR SPRING AND FALL TERMS***
***Open to Applicants with Work Study Program Funds Only***
These are student positions to perform operational and educational duties for the Zero Waste Program. Position includes extensive training in labor duties for operations and educational program assistant duties.
Position performs all work of Zero Waste Operations Assistant 2 as follows:
• Moving loaded material barrels, bags, boxes and other containers with or without hand trucks.
• Loading and unloading material into and out of program step-vans
• Grading, sorting, cleaning and loading Zero Waste Program materials including: paper, glass, plastic, steel, cardboard, other recyclables, compostables, and re-usables in accordance with established market and program guidelines
• Driving a variety of program vehicles (electric truck, large step vans, biodiesel step vans) in accordance with State of Oregon Rules of the Road, University and Facilities Services driving regulations, and Zero Waste Program guidelines
• Maintaining Zero Waste sites in accordance with program signage and cleanliness guidelines
• Maintaining records of work completed and problems encountered on route slips
• Tracking all material collected by location
• Interacting with the campus community in a professional and helpful manner
• Reporting needed maintenance on vehicles, equipment, service
• Demonstrating knowledge of and adherence to established safety guidelines and policies,
including the use of Personal Protective Equipment and safe lifting techniques
• Work weekends and evenings for routes and other events
• Support Program Coordinators and Zero Waste staff with Zero Waste events, educational and promotional activities.
• Work independently performing regular operational duties including the servicing of satellite areas:
o Outside PDO’s (public drop-offs)
o Lawrence Hall
o Zero Waste events
o Educational activities including staffing events
o Bike Route
o Electric Truck Tiger Route
o Walking Routes
• Assist Coordinators in operational logistics for Zero Waste events, educational and promotional activities, and other non-daily special projects such as Move-Outs
• Work weekends and evenings without direct supervision for routes and other events
• Work Zero Waste Program events as availability allows including: independent work doing set-up, operations, education, tracking, clean-up, vehicle operation and reporting
Zero Waste Operations Assistant 2 work both indoors and outdoors with no direct supervision in program operations or on satellite routes. Zero Waste Operations Assistant 2 work both indoors and outdoors in weather that may be inclement or extreme, and may work in an industrial setting where temperatures, lighting, noise levels and air quality may vary. The position requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, push, pull, bend, stoop, climb stairs and use handtrucks.
o Must be available for 2-hour blocks of time between 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
o Commit to a regular weekly schedule for the duration of each 10-week academic term including finals week, Move-outs and Move-ins.
o Weekend and evening work as available.
o Work at large events and educational events upon request.
Driver’s license, ability to perform all operational duties (including lifting, collection, processing, driving vehicles), good work ethic, ability to meet work schedule
Please follow this link to the employment application:
***Please use the Word document application form***
Fill out the form, sign it, and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please title subject line, "Your Name-Student Recycler". If you need accommodations with submitting your application, please contact us via the email above.
*Incomplete applications and/or those not submitted correctly will not be reviewed.