Change Starts With You
Teach For America is a diverse network of leaders who confront educational inequity through teaching, and work with unwavering commitment from every sector of society to create a nation free from this injustice.
• Have a profound and immediate impact.
• Gain perspective and understanding that will fuel your
• Accelerate your leadership trajectory.
1. A deep belief in the potential of all kids.
You are committed to doing whatever it takes to expand opportunities for students, often with a perspective informed by experience in low-income communities. You have an understanding of the systemic challenges of poverty and racism.
2. Demonstrated leadership ability.
You are able to lead others in a variety of settings, including those that are less familiar.
3. Strong achievement.
You are able to attain measurable results in academic, professional, extracurricular, and/or volunteer settings.
4. Perseverance in the face of challenges.
You have the ability to adapt to challenging environments.
5. Long-term commitment to reaching goals.
You have a strong desire to improve and develop, both personally and professionally.
6. Excellent organizational ability.
You are a master of planning well and managing responsibilities effectively.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills.
You have a proven ability to motivate others.
8. Respect for individuals' diverse experiences.
You have the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.