Columbia Gorge Education Service District (CGESD) is searching for an individual to assess students’ intellectual and mental functional levels, provide information for program development and student placement, develop behavior plans, and provide information on child development and/or issues on specific students to instructional personnel. This position will serve the school districts in Wasco County, Oregon.
Position responsibilities include:
• Maintains a schedule for testing and consultation in each assigned district.
• Participates in evaluation planning and evaluate students (including private, home school, charter, etc.) on a referral basis, as requested by building or district administrators.
• Selects, administers, scores and interprets evaluation and test results.
• Prepares written reports that meet professional standards and are appropriate for school personnel and parents.
• Attends team meetings and staffing, as requested, to explain test results and to assist in planning programs for students with disabilities.
• Knowledgeable of alternative placement options for students and facilitates such discussions as needed.
• Evaluates students who are being considered for early entry and interpret the results in a written report.
• Assists in the development and implementation of Functional Behavior Assessment and Behavior Intervention Plans.
• Maintains integrity of confidential information relating to students, parents, staff, or district patrons.
• Acts as a resource to district personnel for the Response to Intervention (RTI) Program, including the formal and informal observation of students.
• Prepares timely and accurate written reports and provides documentation to convey appropriate and necessary communication.
• Master’s Degree (required) or higher degree (preferred) from an accredited institution with a major in one or more of the following areas: Counseling, Community Health or Psychology.
• Valid Teaching License and endorsement(s) from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
• Ability to travel to multiple work sites.
• Ability to effectively work and communicate with students, parents, and school personnel from diverse cultures or backgrounds.
• Ability to work as an integrated team member, capable of functioning positively with diverse groups and agencies.
• Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
A complete job description and an application may be obtained from our website (www.cgesd.k12.or.us).
The position is open until filled. Applicants must submit the following information to Columbia Gorge ESD:
• A completed application form
• A letter of application stating why you wish to be employed by Columbia Gorge ESD
• A current resume, including at least three professional references, including telephone numbers
Columbia Gorge ESD is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance; life, AD&D, and long term disability insurance; district paid PERS and PERS pick-up; and five paid holidays. The 190-day position begins as soon as possible. Salary DOE.