The Administration and Volunteer Coordinator Assistant provides support to the Beyond Toxics staff to propel our environmental justice projects and campaigns forward to success! This could engage interns in anything and everything from planning rallies at the State Capitol to supervising garden planting events at our pollinator garden. This intern also supports Beyond Toxics volunteers, ensuring that individuals involved with Beyond Toxics receive an appropriate welcome and supervision. Help with coordination of events, volunteer recruitment, tabling, and developing relationships with new or potential Beyond Toxics members.
Meeting the needs of the organization is a primary priority for the internship position. However, Beyond Toxics has flexibility to further shape the position based on intern’s demonstrated skills, interests and talents.
1. Assist with message and content development: Help draft action alerts, website copy, news releases,
fundraising appeals and other creative materials
2. Online Outreach: Coordinate efforts such as search engine optimization, social media outreach
3. Communications and Campaigns Research: Conduct target-and market-specific media research as
necessary to support campaign objectives
4. Assist with Media Relations
The Media Outreach Intern reports directly to the Executive Director and works with three other staff members who oversee our website, social media and publications. A strong project support background, preferably in Non-Profits, is desirable
Organization website: http://www.beyondtoxics.org
This position requires good interpersonal skills and a desire to learn about how community-organizations/non-profits operate. In addition to a passion for environmental justice, applicants should have some familiarity with databases such as Excel, SalsaLabs as well as strong internet research skills. A strong project support background, preferably in Non-Profits, is suggested.
Excellent springboard for those seeking career in environmental or professional coordination work
2. Strengthened research, writing and production skills
3. Connections to individuals within the field
4. Increased understanding of pesticide, environmental and social justice, environmental science, social justice and
5. Experience in an established non-profit structure
6. Increased understanding of effective routes to progressive reform
Please send your resume and cover letter expressing interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note in the email subject line - Application for Administration and Volunteer Coordinator.
For additional resources on developing or fine tuning your resume (CV) and cover letter, visit UO Career Center site: https://career.uoregon.edu/resumes