The Photography Intern is a member of our media team. The media team is a division of the Marketing and Communications team. All media interns are responsible for creating content for the corps for various purposes, including fundraising, season-specific announcements, recruiting, and general updates. Content will also be made for our subscription group OCVIP, which includes daily updates, livestreams, and behind-the-scenes of the corps. Other tasks may be assigned by the Marketing Manager. Each team member will have a primary position (listed below) but will be expected to help the team when needed.
We are looking for interns with a variety of experience, skills, and creativity. Whether this is your first media experience or you’re further growing your resume, we encourage you to apply!
- Photographing rehearsals, warm-ups, and performances of the corps
- Editing and organizing existing and new digital assets
- Creating graphics for use on social media platforms
- Provide content for our subscription service OCVIP
- Manage equipment, both personal and provided
- Provide support for special projects as needed
- Understanding or experience in marching arts
- Pursuing a degree or career in Photography/Design/Media/ or another related field. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficiency with editing software, Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Understanding of photography basics
- Basic understanding of content creation for social media platforms
- Be a self-starter, show initiative and ability to take direction and work well on a team
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Provide your own camera equipment and laptop
Complete the application form
Introduction Video: make a video introducing yourself, explain what position you are applying for, why you want this position, and what you want to get out of interning with us. The video should be no longer than 2 minutes. You will provide a link in the application form.
Portfolio: link to your current portfolio