The Social Media Intern is a part of the media team.The media team is a division of the Marketing and Communications team. All media interns are responsible for creating content for the corps for various purposes, including fundraising, season-specific announcements, recruiting, and general updates. Content will also be made for our subscription group OCVIP, which includes daily updates, livestreams, and behind-the-scenes of the corps. Other tasks may be assigned by the Marketing Manager. Each team member will have a primary position but will be expected to help the team when needed.
We are looking for interns with a variety of experience, skills, and creativity. Whether this is your first media experience or you’re further growing your resume, we encourage you to apply!
- Manage every day social media activities, specifically Snapchat and Instagram Stories
- Assist the marketing manager in the implementation of campaigns on all social media platforms
Writing copy for marketing campaigns for social media, email, and website announcements
- Scheduling content in advance and managing a marketing calendar
- Creating graphics for use on social media platforms
- Manage equipment, both personal and provided
- Provide support for special projects as needed
- Understanding or experience in marching arts
- Pursuing a degree or career in Marketing/ Media/ Communications or another related field. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Working understanding of major social media platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Basic understanding of content creation for social media platforms
- Be a self-starter, show initiative and ability to take direction and work well on a team
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Provide your own laptop
Complete the application form
Introduction Video: make a video introducing yourself, explain what position you are applying for, why you want this position, and what you want to get out of interning with us. The video should be no longer than 2 minutes. You will provide a link in the application form
Writing Sample: Provide a PDF of writing examples. Recommended examples are of social media copy, website copy, article copy, or email newsletter copy.