The Senior Accountant must be well-versed in all phases of accounting practices and procedures including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. In addition, the Senior Accountant must have excellent communication skills as this position will work closely with both internal and external customers.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all daily transaction processes for accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger posting.
- Complete month-end closing and financial reporting process including, but not limited to: account analyses and reconciliations, accrual analyses, and related journal entries.
- Prepare month-end variance analyses comparing actual results to budget and forecast.
- Review general ledger and subsidiary ledger transactions/balances to ensure proper accounting treatment and coding.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Assist with the compilation and analysis of long-range plans and annual operating plans.
- Identify accounting process-improvement opportunities and assist in the design/redesign of processes.
- Serve as an accounting subject-matter expert and act as a mentor to other team members.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
Skills & Requirements:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance.
- 4+ years of progressive experience in corporate accounting with strong general ledger exposure.
- Proficient in detailed account reconciliations.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills (Excel - Pivot tables, formulas, and formatting).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail despite periodic interruptions.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with MAS90/Sage100 is a plus.
- Experience with Sage Visual Integrator is a plus.
- Experience with SQL databases/queries is a plus.