Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATU has a great opportunity for an Accounting Assistant. In this role, you will work to ensure that the business office conducts all of the daily activities and accounting procedures for the station. You will also make sure activities are conducted in accordance with corporate policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and the Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations (SOX). In this position, the Accounting assistant will work closely with Business Manager, to provide support to HR, the General Manager and all other departments. This individual will ensure an efficient, stable, and profitable organization. They will assist in the preparation of the financial statements and other financial records, while always working to protect company assets.
* Reviewing and adherence to the monthly accounting calendar deadlines. Financial close due to the Corporate Office on the firth (5th) business day of the subsequent month.
* Assisting with various month-end schedules and perform account reconciliations for all Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts. Focus to be on accruals and follow-up on missing or late invoices.
* Working as a liaison between Corporate Procure-To-Pay team and the station to resolve any open issues. Researching an/all discrepancies in vendor/supplier account activity.
* Assisting the Human Resource Coordinator and/or Business Manager in accumulating data for annual reporting purposes.
* Handle annual TriMet survey, payment calculation, and distribution of TriMet passes to qualifying employees.
* Preparing various standard monthly journal entries and reversing entries in order to close month end. Focus to be on reversing accrual entries.
* Assisting Business Manager as needed during month end close process.
* Overseeing front desk by maintaining work schedules, back up front desk for breaks & if needed lunches, vacation or illness.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 2 or more years of Accounting experience is preferred, as is previous broadcast experience
* Accounts Payable experience is plus
* Proficient with Microsoft Office
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Please see job description