AFFEC is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) child welfare organization. Our mission is to find loving permanent families for all waiting foster children. Based in Eugene, Oregon, A Family For Every Child works nationally to ensure foster care is only a temporary solution for any child, as all children have the right to grow up in a loving, supportive, permanent home. To learn more, visit www.AFamilyForEveryChild.org.
A Family For Every Child seeks engaged, passionate volunteers within the Permanency programs. Volunteers in the Family Finding program must have a strong dedication to the reconnection of young people in the child welfare system to their former relationship networks. Ideal candidates will have experience in research/data collection, work well in teams and have a passion for improving outcomes for youth in the child welfare system.
Volunteers will work in partnership with the Permanency Director and the Permanency Coordinator to search for, locate and engage kin and kith of children in the child welfare system. The end goal of reconnection being to instill a sense of permanency within the youth’s life and provide the opportunity for improved life outcomes.
- Complete a background check as required by the State
- Complete in-office program orientation
- Process designated case and provide diligent management of case through reunification
- Maintain relationship with the youth’s caseworker and any other professionals on their team
- Ongoing searches for relatives using online servers
- Contacting and engaging kin/kith connections of the youth
- Co-facilitation of a family meeting and the creation of a permanency plan for the youth
- Perform consistent follow up once case comes to a formal close
- The family finding volunteer assists in locating lost connection for foster nationwide. May include file mining, email, social media resource and more.