The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Team Director, the Aquatics Team Member works to create a high quality program for every camper.
Ensure the safety, well-being and personal growth of campers. Be an active and supportive member of the Team and the Unit and a positive member of the entire staff community. Aquatics Team Members must demonstrate positive, professional role modeling at all times, acting in a manner that is consistent with the staff code of conduct and the philosophy, goals, and objectives of YMCA Camp Collins. Must remain on-site from Sunday Camper Check-in to Saturday Check-out unless on a scheduled time- off.
Salary Range: $165-225 per week plus room & board plus $300 Sign On Bonus
Summer Seasonal Dates of Employment: 6/10/18-9/4/18
1.Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into your work.
2.Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, campers and families.
3.Ensure the Physical and Emotional Safety of Every Camper
4.Provide Engaging and Positive Activity Instruction in Aquatic Program Areas
5.Be a Positive Member of the Staff Community
6.Perform other duties as assigned
* ACA Recognized Lifeguard Certification or ability to obtain prior to 1st day of employment.
* First Aid Certification or ability to obtain prior to 1st day of employment.
* Adult, Child & Infant CPR and AED Certification or ability to obtain prior to 1st day of employment.
* Must pass a YMCA background check
To meet American Camping Association (ACA) accreditation standards, at least 80% of the staff need to be 18 years or older. In addition, all camp staff must meet the specified requirements below. All staff is at least sixteen (16) years of age and at least two (2) years older than the minors with whom they are working.
MINOR CAMP/GRADEPOSTION TITLE MINIMUM AGE REQUIRED
* All Camp Units 1st-9th Unit Counselor 16 years
* Day Camp 1st-6th Day Camp Counselor 16 years
* Pioneers 2nd-4th Cabin Counselor 18 years
* Explorers 5th-6th Cabin Coun selor 18 years
* Questors 7th-9th Cabin Counselor 18 years
* Specialties/Programs Program/Staff Specialist 18 years
* Teen Camp 9th-11th Teen Counselor 20 years
* Experience working with youth
* Experience lifeguarding
* Graduate of Counselor in Training Program
* Requires strong communication skills, positive attitude, initiative, flexibility, dependability, creativity and ability to work and problem solve as a team player.
* Mental and physical ability to deal with high stress situations and work well under pressure.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently.
* Ability to connect with campers and staff.
* Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical abilities to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
* Ability and willingness to learn on the job in an environment that changes quickly.
* Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
1.Demonstrates in word and action the Y's Christian principles of love, honesty, respect, responsibility and service and a commitment to the Y's vision and mission.
2.Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
3. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
4.Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
5. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
6.Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
7.Assesses, minimizes and prevents risk, practices consideration for the safety of others, adheres to Association standards of proper notification of incidents and care of the work environment and equipment, identifies and responds to circumstances appropriately.
8.Meets attendance expectations, follows Association procedures for requesting and documenting absences, is punctual, reliable, and adaptable, takes initiative, and accepts responsibility.
9.Demonstrates effective interpersonal s kills, perceives, understands and manages interactions appropriately, is accountable for own actions, capitalizes on learning opportunities, and is open to performance feedback and coaching.
10.Demonstrates compliance in the following areas: Compli, employee paperwork, performance evaluations, personnel policies, and procedures i.e. dress code, code of conduct. Attends mandatory trainings and meetings, acquires and maintains required certifications for current position.
11.Provides engaging and positive activity instruction. Creates clear expectations, develops creative and age-appropriate teaching methods, and works to improve teaching skills.
12.Is a positive member of the staff community. Actively participates in the cabin, takes personal responsibility, and communicates openly and honestly with staff and directors.
Supervisor: Sam Giffin
YMCA Camp Collins
Branch Fax: 503-663-2323
3001 SE Oxbow Parkway
Gresham, OR 97080
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our purpose and mission. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications: ACA Recognized Lifeguard Certification or ability to obtain prior to 1st day of employment. First Aid Certification or ability to obtain prior to 1st day of employment. At least 18 years of age
Please See Job Description