With funding from REI, the Lower Columbia Estuary Partnership is hiring a Lower Columbia River Water Trail Stewardship Ambassador (LCRWT Ambassador). The LCRWT Ambassador will plan, coordinate, and lead a series of four paddles to four different lower Columbia River islands, which will most likely take place on weekend days. Tasks include: scouting locations; scheduling trips; recruiting volunteer paddlers, particularly from underserved community groups; organizing all trip logistics, which may include boat rental and boat transportation; leading all paddles; leading all on-site work, including signage installation, litter/garbage clean-up, primitive campsite improvement, pre- and post-photo documentation, etc.; and conducting post-trip follow up surveys with trip participants. Time permitting, the LCRWT Ambassador may help with other water trail tasks, including site inventory updates, signage installation, and outreach, and assist with Estuary Partnership Big Canoe trips.
Salary: $20 per hour
Job Classification: Short Term, Non-exempt
Anticipated Start Date: June 25, 2018, with some flexibility.
Time Commitment: 200 hours. Flexible hours per week. Some weekend and evening work required.
Anticipated End Date: Sometime between August 10 – September 14. Actual end date will occur after the project is complete and 200 hours of work.
Supervisor: Deputy Director
Persons of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBT people are encouraged to apply. The Estuary Partnership values differences and a racially diverse and culturally inclusive organization.
The Estuary Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin, age, disability, physical appearance or genetic information, cultural, socio-economic status, military or veteran status. The Estuary Partnership is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and values the hiring of protected veterans or individuals with veteran status.
To read the full job description and apply for this position, please visit: http://www.estuarypartnership.org/lower-columbia-river-water-trail-stewa...
• Experience planning and coordinating outdoor projects with volunteers.
• Community outreach and organizing—particularly to underserved communities.
• Intermediate to advance flat water paddling skills (kayak touring, sea kayaking) and experience. Experience leading group paddling trips. Experience with paddling group safety procedures. An ability to perform self-rescue and rescue assists.
• Current First Aid and CPR Certification.
• Able to lift moderate to heavy gear, with reasonable accommodation.
• Able to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends.
• Comfort and experience working in an office and with office computer systems.
• A willingness to be a team player and to help and assist with other project and tasks as needed.
• Knowledge of and ability to generate social media content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
• Valid driver’s license and experience driving a trailer.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.