We are a local website development and marketing agency in Eugene, OR and we're seeking a graphic designer to join our team. You'll be helping to create websites, all types of design pieces, complete logos and brands, and lots of little graphics for social media, email, display ads, etc.
We are a small but fierce company owned locally and independently. Our work environment is intense and demanding, but fun and family oriented. Our job is to help our clients grow and we want any employee to have that mindset, as well as contributing to the growth of our company and the visibility of our brand.
Regular office hours are 9-5 M-F. There will be weeks where more hours are needed (from home) and this is a salaried position. Benefits include vacation and sick leave after 6 months, holiday pay, plus lots of free coffee & fun treats.
We ask every employee to look for opportunities to refer business to our company and every employee has a yearly goal. You are paid commission on any business you lead to our organization.
Things we love:
- designers who love to invest in themselves
- designers who take criticism constructively
- designers who understand the difference between design for production and design for art
You must have:
- education, preferably a degree, in graphic design
- prior experience creating designs in a production setting or freelance
- artistic abilities/aptitudes - you have to know what looks good in addition to how to make it
- ability to adapt to varying types of design - every client is different
- ADVANCED knowledge of adobe design software, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- attention to detail
- great communication skills
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
- experience working with WordPress and developing websites
- video editing and photography skills
- experience and interest in other areas of marketing
- awesome customer service
Here's how you apply:
- send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please understand that we will look at the design of that resume as an example of your work.
- in your email, or a separate cover letter, explain why this job would be perfect for you.
- three work samples you designed 100% that you did not develop in a design class or a link to your current portfolio.
Do not apply if:
- you live somewhere other than Eugene, OR.
If your application materials are acceptable, we will email you with a test, and will ask you to design something for us and submit a production piece (normally a graphic that can be used for social media posts) as well as your original Adobe file and how much time that task took you. The graphic you design may or may not be used in actual production. If it is used, you might get the job and will be given a gift card for a caffeinated beverage of your choosing.
We are a real company, and we are an equal opportunity employer.