June 6, 2018
RSS ARCHITECTURE, P.C. is seeking an Architect/Intern to assist with completion of projects underway by the firm. Our need to fill this position is immediate. Job description for this position is as follows:
* Minimum 3 years experience in an Architect's office required, less experience will be considered based on individual ability.
* Experience with institutional, commercial, religious, residential and publicly bid projects required.
* Professional (5 year program) degree in Architecture desired.
* Applicants must be able to utilize AutoCAD software WITH A HIGH LEVEL OF COMPETENCY - no on the job training will be available.
* Applicants should be able to hand draft with graphite pencil and ink on mylar, vellum, and bond paper. Computer drafting experience needed as noted above; position will require both hand and computer document preparation.
* Applicants must be able to think and do; a minimum amount of "hand holding" will be available.
* Applicants must enjoy Architecture, must enjoy working; applicants that are not willing to learn/compete/work are not acceptable.
* Applicants need to possess the following skills:
1) AutoCAD software ability; plans, elevations, details, schedules, sketches, system maintenance (storage/archiving, file backup, block/library creation, etc.), and e-mail file transmission experience.
2) Construction documents drafting ability; to design/draw "buildable" & graphically readable plans, sections, elevations, and details.
3) Ability to perform basic wood frame structural calculations (simple beams, joists, rafters, etc.).
4) Typing ability (35-45 wpm).
5) Specifications preparation ability.
6) Presentation drawings preparation ability (exterior/interior perspectives, site plans, exterior elevations, floor plans).
7) Architectural design ability.
8) Graphics preparation ability.
9) Basic organizational abilities.
10) Be comfortable working in a small (4-8 person) pragmatic office environment.
* Applicants must be a team player, integrate themselves to this environment and culture; integrate themselves to this organization’s formats, procedures, and protocol. Successful applicant must be able to follow instructions even if purpose of those instructions is not understood.
RSS ARCHITECTURE, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation for this position will be established based on applicants' experience and abilities. Please submit resumes to:
RSS ARCHITECTURE, P.C.
2225 Country Club Road
Woodburn, Oregon 97071
See Position Description.
See Position Description.