Position Overview and Job Responsibilities
The Resource Development Coordinator is a full time position, reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for supporting the fundraising and resource development efforts of the organization. This includes sponsor and donor solicitation, marketing, special event coordination and planning, volunteer management and administrative support functions across all programs.
The following activities are expected of this employee:
• Supports the Executive Director with the creation and implementation of direct mail and e-solicitation campaigns; drafts copy; orders mailing supplies; coordinates with public relations committee and/or vendors to assist with scheduling, design and production of mailings; prepares appropriate segmented mailing lists from the database. Experience with Constant Contact a plus.
• Manages and updates website and social media content. Runs social media event promotion campaigns. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Word Press a plus.
• Coordinates allocations programs: Scholarships, Classroom and Enrichment Grants. Duties include: creating, receiving, and tracking applications as well as thank you and notification letters.
• Organizes logistical and document preparation for the monthly Board and Committee meetings. In this capacity, at the direction of the Executive Director and Board President, prepares meeting documents, sends meeting materials to committee members, arranges venue for time/date and size of the meeting (including refreshments), attends the meeting and take notes and action steps, produces meeting minutes, and sends copies to meeting participants.
• Proactively coordinates and performs administrative support functions for the office such as collecting mail, answering phones, managing the office systems and implementing policies and procedures for production of documents, filing, ordering of supplies, records maintenance, and other clerical services. Maintains and updates policy and Board notebooks.
• Takes a lead role in event planning and volunteer coordination and sponsor campaign. Creates sponsor solicitation materials and communicates with sponsors, vendors and volunteers. Occasional work may be on weekends or evenings for special events.
• Represents APSF at various community and school district events.
• Receives and processes gifts made to APSF. In this capacity, issues tax receipts using templates; develops appropriate acknowledgement letters; sends notes and gifts of recognition to donors; develops a system for regular reminders to donors who have made pledges; and when appropriate makes "thank you" calls as directed by the Executive Director. Ensures all files are kept current and in good order.
• Maintains communication with grantors and addresses their requests for fiscal, progress and monitoring reports.
• Position may include professional development opportunities.
• A college or associates degree in business, marketing, non-profit management or a related field is preferred but not required.
• Working proficiency at an intermediate level in Microsoft Office Suite is essential. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact and Word Press a plus.
• Knowledge of donor support software a plus.
• Excellent business verbal and written communication are necessary.
• Good people skills are essential.
• Trustworthy and maintains confidences.
• Pays attention to detail in all aspect of the position including written documents and interpersonal relationships.
• Candidates with experience working or volunteering with non-profits a plus.
Physical Condition Requirements and Dress Code
Duties will primarily be conducted indoors in an office environment. Must have the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods. Maintains professional personal appearance and hygiene appropriate to the position.
This employee will report to the Albany Public Schools Foundation office, located in Albany, Oregon. Some evening and weekend work required. Some flex time is allowed with Executive Director approval. A valid driver’s license is required for use of your own vehicle for occasional out of town errands and travel to meeting sites. Mileage is reimbursed at the state rate.
Work Hours/Benefits: This is a 36 hour per week position and includes employee health insurance benefits.
PTO: The employee will earn 10 days of paid time off plus seven holidays (MLK Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day) for each year of employment.
The Albany Public Schools Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
• This position closes on July 13th, 2018 or when filled.
• Applications can be submitted by email or mail to email@example.com or APSF, PO Box 1772, Albany, OR 97321. Questions may also be addressed to the Executive Director, Aimee Addison, who is available via email or phone at (541) 979-2773.
• Put "APSF Resource Development Coordinator" in the subject line of the email.
o Cover letter to serve as a writing sample and to outline your specific skill set that applies to the required and preferred qualifications listed above.
o Contact information for three professional references.