Purpose of Position:
This position assists the Campus Arborist with tree maintenance activities for Campus Planning & Facilities Management.
• Tree work support
• Pruning, debris clearing
Additionally, other landscape duties as assigned:
• Litter and trash removal
• Pressure washing
• Weed removal
• Fall leaf litter control
• Other duties as assigned.
Work is outside in all weather conditions. Safety & adverse weather equipment available, assigned, and required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Valid driver's license with good driving record.
• Self-motivated and dependable.
• Commitment to a regular weekly schedule: At least 25 hours/week during the summer (up to 40 preferred) with availability between 6:00am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional weekend work possible. Up to 25 hours/week during school, up to 40 hours/week during breaks and on free term.
• Tree work, horticulture and/or landscape experience, construction knowledge and experience.
• Strong communication skills