Arnerich Massena is searching for a Research Analyst to help drive our unique investment philosophy. Analytical research and disciplined due diligence are central to our practice. As a member of the Research and Analytics team, the analyst will play a key role in our continual search for top-tier investment managers and strategic and tactical opportunities around the globe.
This position will focus on traditional investment manager research, maintaining a deep knowledge of investment managers through thorough due diligence, a critical part of which is on-site visits to conduct qualitative evaluations. The analyst will write and present investment manager facts and findings to advisors, other analysts, internal committees, and clients; as well as playing an active role in committee meeting discussions; completing industry and market research; and producing quarterly market commentary.
This position will also lead or assist in the preparation of client projects relating to all aspects of the development and maintenance of the investment program. This may include, but is not limited to, manager searches, asset allocations, portfolio characteristics analyses, portfolio implementation, cash flow analyses, vendor requests for information/proposal (RFI/RFP), and client memos.
- Must have a four-year college degree. One to three years of experience in finance, investment or related industry preferred.
- Advanced degree or CFA preferred (or working towards/desire to pursue these qualifications).
- Strong math, analytical, and research skills are mandatory.
- Ability to explain complex financial concepts is required; confident public speaking and presentation skills preferred.
- Must interact effectively with clients, investment managers, and Arnerich Massena staff.
- Knowledge of financial securities and terminology, portfolio theory and analysis, domestic and foreign financial markets and economies, statistics, and financial analysis is essential.
- Must have a working knowledge of various information technology interfaces such as spreadsheet, word processing, graphics, and database platforms.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software applications must be demonstrated.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively and prepare attractive presentations, exhibits, write-ups, and correspondence.