The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Programmer Analyst to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Programmer Analyst, you will provide requirements documentation, systems analysis, design and development, strategic planning, and project coordination to support the Office of Information Systems (OIS). You will support Children, Adults and Families (CAF) computer applications including Internet, Intranet, Extranet, client-server, mainframe and database solutions.
In this role, you will focus on design, development and implementation of OIS CAF projects per agency policies, procedures, processes and standards. Your responsibilities will include assisting with requirements gathering and analysis, feasibility analysis, creation and support of business database access software and applications, project system planning, and design and development of new systems. You will prepare IT reports, help develop presentations for delivery by other staff, and provide project coordination.
This position will give you the opportunity to play a key technical role involving the following applications in GAF self-sufficiency: Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP), Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT), and SSA Interface systems. You will also help to execute and implement consistent, repeatable coding and testing practices.
Additionally, you will work closely with others on the team to fortify and institutionalize these consistent, repeatable coding and testing practices.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are interested in becoming out new Programmer Analyst, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
This position will be located in Salem at 3991 Fairview Industrial Drive SE.
(a) Four (4) years of information systems experience in Programming and/or Systems Analysis.
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND two (2) years of information systems experience in Programming and/or Systems Analysis.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
• Knowledge of relational database techniques related to application development.
• Experience with Sybase and or DB2.
• Willingness to assist in creating test databases, tables and stored procedures.
• Experience using Dreamweaver and/or ECLIPSE.
• Ability to run queries, reports and server application integrations.
• Mainframe experience in extracting files and ftp to Unix servers.
• Working knowledge of COBOL and structured programming techniques.
• Education, training and/or experience in teleprocessing of business applications using CICS, TSO, Easytrieve and VASM.
• Education, training and/or experience in WebSphere/JAVA/SOAP technologies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
Please follow the link below to submit an official application. This is required in order to be considered for this position.