Real employers. Real conversations. Right here on campus.
The Practice Interview Program is designed to help you acquire professional interview skills, get feedback from experienced professionals, and gain confidence. A practice interview helps you prepare for real-life interviews, which increases your chances of getting additional interviews and acquiring the job. They are also a great way to meet and network with professionals, which can lead to opportunities in the future.
Sign up for a Practice Interview
- Upload your résumé to Handshake.
- On Handshake, select “Jobs” and then “On-Campus Interviews"
- Search for a position and organization you would like to have a practice interview with and review the position description, qualifications, and important deadlines.
Prepare for your Practice Interview
- Research the organization you are interviewing with.
- Treat this interview as an actual interview—dress appropriately, bring extra résumés, and come prepared with questions to ask the interviewer.
- On the day of the interview, arrive 10-15 minutes early and check in at the University Career Center reception desk.
Students that participate in the Practice Interview Program must adhere to all On-Campus Interviewing policies and procedures.
Upcoming Practice Interviews