Real employers. Real conversations. Right here on campus.
The Practice Interview Program is designed to help you acquire professional interview skills, get feedback from experienced professionals, and gain confidence. A practice interview helps you prepare for real-life interviews, which increases your chances of getting additional interviews and acquiring the job. They are also a great way to meet and network with professionals, which can lead to opportunities in the future.
Sign up for a Practice Interview
- Upload your résumé to Duck Connect.
- On Duck Connect, select “On-Campus Interviews” and then “APPLY for On-Campus Interviews I Qualify for."
- Search for a position and organization you would like to have a practice interview with and review the position description, qualifications, and important deadlines.
- Click “Request Interview” button to submit your résumé.
- Check your interview requests and confirmations on Duck Connect under “View My Activity."
Prepare for your Practice Interview
- Attend a Career Center workshop to learn how to prepare for a job search, interview, or how to write an impressive résumé.
- Research the organization you are interviewing with.
- Treat this interview as an actual interview—dress appropriately, bring extra résumés, and come prepared with questions to ask the interviewer.
- On the day of the interview, arrive 10-15 minutes early and check in at the Career Center reception desk.
Students that participate in the Practice Interview Program must adhere to all On-Campus Interviewing policies and procedures.
Upcoming Practice Interviews
Looking for ways to enhance your professional skills in order to land that job or internship? Through interactive activities we will cover the following:
Translate your study abroad experience in a professional context
Find out ways to be successful at the Career Fair (4/18)
Create an effective elevator pitch
Discover interview best practices